Fresh pineapple tomato salsa! Great with fish tacos or grilled steak.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes approximately 3 cups
A few weeks ago I got together with Garrett to roast some chile peppers and make some coconut pineapple cupcakes.
We had loads of extra pineapple, and all the other ingredients for a great salsa, so naturally we put them all together, and voilá! A great combination.
Use the tomato pineapple salsa with fish tacos, or over grilled steak or pork, or even wrapped up in a heated flour tortilla with a few slices of avocado.
Take care when handling hot chile peppers! Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling them. Avoid touching your eyes.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped fresh plum tomato (about 2 plum tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim chile, roasted, seeds, stem, and veins removed, chopped OR 1 fresh serrano chile, seeds and stem removed, chopped
- Juice of one or two fresh limes (2-3 Tbsp, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.